Laura advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters and has experience of working with a vast range of public and private sector clients
These clients include developers, universities, colleges, registered providers, funders, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants advising on a variety of multi million pound residential, commercial and mixed use developments.
Within the non-contentious aspects of her role, Laura drafts and negotiates forms of building contract (generally JCT contracts but also NEC, FIDIC and bespoke forms of contract) together with framework agreements, PCSAs, bonds, PCGs, consultants appointments, novation agreements and collateral warranties. In addition, Laura has experience of drafting standard terms and conditions and producing due diligence reports on construction documents for both property and corporate deals.
On contentious matters, Laura provides practical and commercial advice to seek to resolve a range of disputes (quite often concerning payment, defects and delay) whether this is through a negotiated settlement, ADR, adjudication or litigation.
Every day is different. I enjoy learning about and understanding the commercial and legal challenges that our clients face. This demands innovative thinking and great intellectual agility to solve clients’ problems and deliver their desired results in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Navigating Third-Party Risks in the Construction Industry
- Insolvency in the construction sector
- The new JCT Dispute Adjudication Board – What does this mean for you?
- Registered providers: The challenges of developing your site from post exchange to construction
- What to do if/ when crunch time approaches | Avoiding insolvency in the construction industry
- The warning signs: what to do when they appear and how to minimise risk | Avoiding insolvency in the construction industry
Other People in Construction
Chartered Legal Executive
Please don't hesitate to reach out to Laura Taylor or a member of the Construction team for a no-obligation quote.
We're here to help make the choice that is right for you! Complete our contact form and one of our client care team members will aim to contact you within 2 hours to discuss your requirements.
If you'd like to talk to us sooner, you can call us at the number below.
Call us: 0330 024 0333