Court of Protection & deputyship matters
Inheritance Tax & Capital Gains Tax planning
Wills & Succession
Matt works with individuals and their families to help them negotiate the many pitfalls they can encounter when planning for their future by providing pragmatic, bespoke advice.
Based in the firm’s Milton Keynes office, Matt advises his clients on tax efficient estate planning options which could include the preparation of Wills, trusts, deeds of gift and deeds of variation. Matt administers estates and prepares Lasting Powers of Attorney as well as working with organisations wishing to become charities or alter their organisation’s structure.
Matt enjoys helping members of the LGBT community to understand their estate planning opportunities and appreciates the particular challenges that people of the community may encounter
– Fully qualified member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
– Awarded the STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation
– Accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly
– Dementia Friend
Being part of the Shakespeare Martineau family enables me to tap into a fantastic array of brains brimming with useful information to help me help my clients.
- Can a child understand the risks of puberty blockers?
- What to do when someone dies
- Court of Protection | A Guide to Deputyship Orders
Matt's SHMA® ON DEMAND content
- Avoiding messy split ups – co-habitation agreements for couples planning or currently living together
- When two families become one – practical guidance on estate protection, wills and guardianship appointments
- Grandparents rights: when there is a family dispute involving grandchildren
Other People in Private Client