Partner & Head of Building Communities
Acquisition & Disposal
Louise is the Head of the Building Communities team, having a passion for delivering development that brings major benefit to residents in terms of health, wellbeing, education, employment and the environment.
Specialising in the acquisition and sale of a wide range of affordable housing, she offers considerable insight and experience in delivering new residential schemes, on time and within budget. Louise assists clients in finding solutions to operational issues arising in relation to their housing stock. Her specialist focus is in housing with care, having drafted many bespoke leases to secure viability of complex schemes and is an expert in outright, shared ownership, buy-backs and large scale asset disposals in the later living market.
I am committed to making housing for older people more accessible, better quality and more aspirational. This is an area that desperately needs greater focus from all in the sector by everyone coming together in a single voice.
- Modern Retirement Living: Looking To The Future
- What do RPs need to know about the Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Bill?
- Build to rent and retirement living – better together
Louise's SHMA® ON DEMAND content
- Retirement housing: Why is the supply of housing with care so limited in Scotland and what will it take to boost it?
- Retirement housing: Avoiding costly planning appeals: what needs to change in national and local planning policies
- Retirement Housing: Repurposing the High Street
Other People in Social Housing
Chartered Legal Executive
Senior Conveyancing Executive