Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)121 214 0568 +44 (0)7815478312
Shakespeare Martineau Birmingham
Partner & Head of Social Housing Development
Joanna heads up our social housing development team. Her expertise encompasses advising on social housing development transactions, from site assemblies to larger scale phased sales and purchases.
Having acted for registered providers since 2001, Joanna’s expertise encompasses all aspects of affordable housing acquisitions, sales and development and is often the primary interface on multi-disciplinary projects involving cross-departmental working.
Joanna has previously worked at Birmingham city law practices Eversheds and Anthony Collins, and has a wealth of experience in larger scale social housing projects, including stock rationalisation transactions, stock swaps and transfers.
Registered providers are increasingly under pressure to adapt strategically and intuitively to various challenges faced by the affordable housing sector and built environment, not helped by the pandemic, costs of living crisis and Net Zero targets. At Shakespeare Martineau, there is incredible strength and breadth of expertise spanning across our office hubs and associated intermediaries, with a real focus on being at the forefront of legal thinking and finding innovative ways to work collaboratively with clients in order to help them meet their actual and aspirational objectives
- The Strategic Review of Housing Association Stock and Tenure Mix: Balancing Financial, Social and Community Interests
- Social Housing Development: Weathering The Perfect Storm
- A Guide To The New Infrastructure Levy: Balancing Benefits and Concerns For Affordable Housing
- How can joint ventures play a part in solving the housing crisis?
- Registered Providers: Legal planning pitfalls and considerations in the acquisition and/or development of affordable housing
- Registered providers: VAT compliance and mitigation strategies on large scale social housing developments
Other People in Social Housing
Emma Joy Smith
Chartered Legal Executive
Senior Conveyancing Executive
Please don't hesitate to reach out to Joanna Lee-Mills or a member of the Social Housing team for a no-obligation quote.
We're here to help make the choice that is right for you! Complete our contact form and one of our client care team members will aim to contact you within 2 hours to discuss your requirements.
If you'd like to talk to us sooner, you can call us at the number below.
Call us: 0330 024 0333