Our team of start-up experts provide legal expertise to a range of different companies across multiple sectors
Has your business reached the stage where you have an established product or service and a solid customer base? If so, you’re probably looking to take it to the next level now.
Having the right team, building strategic partnerships, and implementing processes that will not only enable but foster growth could be the difference between achieving your growth ambitions or not.
That's where we come in, our team of lawyers can help you and your company with a wide range of legal needs from company structures to generating value - we can help growing businesses of all sizes.
As your business continues to grow it's important to start thinking about...
We have advised on, prepared and negotiated a collaboration agreement between Incus Performance, a platform which provides real-time performance analytics, and the Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO).
We have developed Incus Performance's:
- product-consistent terms and conditions of supply
- template product manufacturing agreement for use with third-party manufacturers involved in relation to the product
- template NDA and heads of terms document for potential distribution partners or similar third parties
- template commercial distribution/sales channel agreement
- template agency/endorsement/sponsorship agreement for use with athletes, coaches and coaching companies who use, sell and/or signpost the product
Having the right company structure
As you grow, you may seek further investment or restructure your company. Our legal experts can help with the following:
Advising on the best vehicle, including partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, private limited companies, jointly owned companies/corporate joint ventures and others
Advising on restructuring and refinancing
Ensuring tax efficiency in complex group structures
Company secretarial services for managing the administration of group companies
Managing your business and your employees
Hiring and keeping the right people as well as having appropriate processes in place are key to enable growth. Our team of experts can help you with the following:
Company secretarial services, such as accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll
Governance processes and policies and procedures
Advising on a range of employment matters from contracts and HR advice to employee incentives, including option and share schemes
Advising on GDPR, IT and other operational arrangements
Property lease arrangements
Debt collection and other trading related disputes
Generating value from your brand and intellectual property
Whether your products are best suited to e-commerce retail or cloud-based ‘as-a-service licenses, third party collaborations or joint-ventures, we can offer expert advice. Our commercial experts can help with the following:
Advising on the licensing of IP, including registered designs, patents and registered trade marks
Advising on R&D and other collaboration agreements
Developing an agency or distribution network, or IP licensing network, including exclusivity, license fee and royalty structures, and applicable competition law considerations
Protecting IP for future projects
Identifying new IP for investment in diverse markets
Establishing a policy for third party infringers
Advising on the benefits of ringfencing IP in a separate corporate entity
We have been working with Future Health for a number of years and have advised them on multiple matters
Most recently, we advised Future Health on their reseller agreement, including the licensing provisions, regarding storage services for and the testing, processing and cryopreservation of stem cells derived from umbilical cord blood, donor blood and/or dental pulp.
We have also advised them on:
- the preparation of a suitable service-related SLA in order to address increased customer demand for service quality assurances and commitments
- patent grant, infringement and invalidation
- ASA compliance
- a full data protection/GDPR audit with related follow-on drafting requirements in relation to Future Health’s website and privacy terms, and internal data protection/privacy documentation
- suitably updating the data protection provisions in Future Health’s standard agency and reseller agreements and SLA
- M&A, corporate finance/structuring and other corporate matters
All the latest views and insights on start-ups and fast-growth companies
Family Law Christmas Guide
India opens up to collaborations and campuses with international universities
Big News For Education Procurement Watchers
Shakespeare Martineau Win At The Family Law Awards 2023
Shakespeare Martineau Appoints Midlands Corporate Partner
Meet our fast-growth & startup lawyers
How can we help?
Our expert lawyers are ready to help you with a wide range of legal services, use the search below or call us on: 0330 024 0333