HR in a post-Brexit world
After three turbulent years of Brexit negotiations, the UK left the European Union on 31 January 2020. With many UK businesses operating in the EU and the EU27, what is the potential impact of Brexit on their business and workforce?
This interactive debate jointly hosted with Multilaw will explore the impact of Brexit on workplaces, and staff generally. Our panel of employment and immigration experts is drawn from all sides of the EU divide:
- Patrick Walshe – Partner – Philip Lee, Republic of Ireland
- Claudine Gemeiner – Partner – Heussen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH – Germany
- Jan Cunningham – Partner – Millar McCall Wylie LLP – UK, Northern Ireland
- Tijen Ahmet – Legal Director – Shakespeare Martineau – UK, England
- Jon Heuvel – Partner – Shakespeare Martineau – UK, England
The panel will debate a number of issues on this topic such as:
- The impact on recruitment processes
- Posting workers to other jurisdictions
- Cross-jurisdictional recognition of professional qualifications
- Changes to immigration rules and procedures
- Implications for social security contributions and pension schemes
Attendees are invited to stay afterwards to chat to members of the panel, and to join is for drinks and networking with others.
There is no charge for attending this event, but places are limited and advance booking is essential. To secure your place, please complete the registration form.