Web Optimisation Executive
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here.
This role is focused on managing the websites and generating client enquiries for our Lime Solicitors and Corclaim brands to help us on our growth journey. You will be an in-house specialist as part of a broader marketing team to continually grow our brands and drive new business acquisition, as well as working with our own legal/financial experts to support our core marketing plans.
To ensure you thrive in the role, we will provide you with the support and coaching you need to grow and shape your career as part of an ambitious team, and a real opportunity to develop your skills.
Your key duties will include:
- Continually optimising the user experience for lead generation (CRO) including UX and CX, working closely with the wider digital team, content marketers and designers
- Leading on technical SEO to maintain and grow our organic search performance
- Utilising analytics to make data informed decisions on improvement from sources including Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush and Hotjar
- Researching, scoping and developing new ideas and projects
- General maintenance of the websites including managing licencing, security, audits and problem fixing
- Digital support of wider marketing activities and campaigns
- Work closely with product teams to bring new products and services to market
- Building an optimisation strategy and targeted visitor experiences including on-site personalisation
- Regular reporting to management teams on website and SEO performance against set KPIs
Skills and experience you will have:
- Experience of maintaining and developing transactional websites (lead generation experience preferred but not essential) with a particular focus on conversion rate optimisation
- Proven experience in technical SEO development
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret accessibility guidance and regulatory requirements
- Experience in managing and implementing security and operational processes
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to present ideas to a wide stakeholder group including working within project teams within marketing and the wider business
- Knowledge of wider digital marketing is preferred but not essential
- Experience in A/B and multivariant testing
- Knowledge of the following tools and systems would be advantageous: WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Cloudflare, Search Console and SEMrush
Key competencies you will need:
- A strong customer-first mentality against commercial objectives
- The ability to drive projects to completion and to evidence project success
- A high degree of drive, self-motivation and energy
- A “can-do” attitude with the ability to continuously learn and share feedback
- Be committed to delivering excellent levels of service to different stakeholders
- Flexibility and the ability to react to change and prioritise accordingly
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be hybrid with a mixture of working from home with travel as required into one of our office hubs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.