Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 55 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
Our Lime & Corclaim Business has a long-standing experience of working with some of the most successful and influential businesses in the UK and also internationally. Our specialist teams combine expertise with a sound understanding of the commercial landscape to provide exceptional solutions for every aspect of our clients’ corporate requirements.
Our Clinical Negligence team deal with claims arising as a result of healthcare professionals acting against the interests of our client’s health. We advise clients who have suffered physical, mental or economic loss as a result of this negligence and guide them through the initial investigation into their claim and thereafter proceeding through the pre-action and post issue phases of County and High Court litigation. We also regularly attend our client’s inquests.
Our specialist team have dealt with thousands of claims against hospital trusts, private healthcare providers, care homes, individual GPs and dentists on a variety of different injuries ranging from low to high severity, with particular expertise in relation to fatal claims, industrial disease cases, amputations, brain injury and multiple injuries.
We are looking for a 3-6yr PQE Solicitor to join our Leicester-based LIME Clinical Negligence team, part of the firm’s wider LIME and Corclaim group.
Your key duties will be:
- running clinical negligence cases efficiently and cost effectively
- handling litigated matters for the Clinical Negligence team
- liaising with clients in a professional manner
- providing assistance on a broad range of large complex cases and straightforward Clinical Negligence matters
- handling enquiries efficiently
- working to strict deadlines
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience working on clinical negligence matters within a law firm
- proven experience of dealing with an issued litigated caseload
- strong IT skills
- an understanding of office financial procedures
Key competencies you will need:
- a desire to exceed client expectations
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
- excellent communication skills
- a desire to enhance client relationships through day to day activity
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.