Are you an experienced Solicitor, Associate, CILEx-qualified or non-qualified fee earner with genuine interest to assist clients with property transactions i? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We can offer you:
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work
- The opportunity to work with one of the largest specialist social housing teams in the Midlands..
- An experienced team to work alongside who will help you develop and progress.
- A competitive package with great benefits
- A genuine opportunity to build and develop your career in a supportive environment
Working as part of our thriving and collaborative Social Housing team, you will work closely with a talented team, predominantly in the sales of affordable homes and provide high quality services to a varied portfolio of clients. You can enjoy knowing that your role working with charity housing providers can make a real difference.
Your key duties will be:
- working with a team of experienced lawyers on a broad range of volume disposals including: dealing with shared ownership and outright plot sales, Staircasing, Staircasing Repossessons , RTA/RTB,, Lease Extensions, Deed of Variations, Later Living Surrenders and Re-grants
- Building up your own caseload and providing practical advise
- liaising with clients efficiently and building long-term relationships
What you will need:
- previous experience working in real estate matters, ideally volume conveyancing and managing your own caseload
- A desire to enhance and build client relationships and exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work. We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role can be a blend of home and office based work from our Stratford upon Avon hub.
Meet the team:
Our Social Housing Sales team is one of the largest in the Midlands specialising in all aspects of property acquisition and disposal for more than 60 Registered Providers across the country. We lead our competitors in the delivery of extracare housing for people over the age of 55. In the last 12 months we have dealt with over 2,500 transaction including the disposal of 250 void residential dwellings, 450 extracare properties and 300 shared ownership units.
Find out more about us:
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.