Second Line IT Support
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Meet the team
Our IT team is responsible for providing clients and staff with high quality relevant technology, customised systems and superior service and support to ensure our business needs are always met.
The team is around 30 strong and includes talented architects, project managers, developers, engineers, analysts and service desk support people.
This is an ever changing and exciting area to work in as we constantly look for new and innovative ways to provide the most effective solutions to the business.
We are looking for a Second Line Service Desk Analyst to join our multi-functional IT team, part of the firm’s Business Operations group.
The working hours will be 37 hours per week, working between the hours of 7.00 am and 7.00 pm Monday to Friday on a rotational basis; flexibility to work additional hours on evenings and weekends may be required.
Your key duties will be:
- Ownership, monitoring, tracking, and communication about incidents assign to the relevant IT Support Team
- Resolving IT support incidents and service requests within agreed SLA timeframes
- Recording, ownership, monitoring, tracking, and communication about incidents
- Investigating and diagnosing incidents escalated from the Service Desk/IT Support
- Escalating incidents to IT Management/External Vendors
- Providing desktop hardware and software support
- Updating Service Desk systems in accordance with internal procedures
- Delivering remote support for home workers
- Onsite Support for designated locations
Skills and experience you will have:
- A minimum of 12-18 months’ experience working in an IT service desk environment
- Experience in the use of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 or Microsoft Office 365 with knowledge of supporting Windows operating systems
- The ability to provide full user account management
- A knowledge of printer and network troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills and committed to delivering excellent levels of service to clients at all times
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent personal organisation, the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
About you – you will be:
- Highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- Respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- Keen to learn, ambitious in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of issues
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be based from our Milton Keynes office with travel as required into our other hubs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.