Responsible Business Manager
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and energetic Responsible Business Manager to join our growing talent and culture team headed by Helen Hay. Responsible Business at Shakespeare Martineau is focussed on equality, diversity, inclusion, community, wellbeing, charity and environment, and our new manager will have a strong desire to have a meaningful role purpose, be able to encourage everyone to be brave with their actions and embed responsible business into every aspect of our business ensuring authenticity in all that we do. They will partner with key stakeholders across the business to establish our responsible business strategy and goals, building on the significant momentum from our “More in Common” equality, diversity and Inclusion network and our CSR working groups and partnerships.
What you will do:
- Proactively lead on the development and implementation of our Responsible Business strategy to drive the action plan ensure that it remains a clear and consistent priority and part of everything we do.
- Provide leadership and coordination of our internal responsible business networks.
- Build the training and development proposition for our responsible business action plan utilising internal expertise and relationships we have from existing suppliers.
- Improve our workforce KPIs on protected characteristics at all levels and taking suitable positive action measures to address underrepresentation.
- To lead in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of projects related to responsible business.
- Build on our external reputation for responsible business from the inside out, promoting what we do and sharing what makes us authentic.
Top performers in the position usually have:
- Excellent understanding of the responsible business agenda (equality, diversity, inclusion, community, wellbeing, charity and environment) and trends relating to them as well as a strong understanding of regulation and legislation.
- Experience of working in a similar managerial role within Responsible Business.
- Outstanding coaching and influencing skills.
- A track record of being a high performer.
- A sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach for achieving them.
- Humility and enthusiasm in their work.
How we work
We appreciate that everyone has different needs and preferences to how they work, we aim to be as flexible as possible, and after all we value what you do, not where you do it. You may prefer to be predominantly home-based, or you may prefer to mix this working from one of our office hubs 2 or 3 times a week.
We’re open to hearing from you about this and are keen to help you maximise your potential in a way that works for you and us together.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.