Regional Development Executive
Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 55 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The Groups include; Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and the Executive Leadership team.
Our Marketing team play a crucial role in helping the firm achieve its ambitious growth plans. The team is aligned to the business, shaping, embedding and delivering against the strategy, helping to retain and attract new clients whilst putting the client at the heart of everything we do.
The team of around 20 is based in Birmingham, Leicester and Nottingham. They are multi-disciplined, offering a range of services including client & business development, growth-led marketing, PR and communications and event planning for the firm. They pride themselves on understanding the changing marketplace, clients, legal groups and the sectors in which the firm operate to offer specialist knowledge and expertise.
We are looking for a Regional Development Executive (RDE) to join our Marketing team, part of our Business Operations group. This role can be based in either our Birmingham or Stratford upon Avon office and will assist in driving our growth strategy and plans across the Midlands.
As a key point of contact for the Midlands region legal teams you will work alongside the Regional Development Business Partner (RDBP) to support the regional marketing plan. You will support the drive for organic growth and client service excellence, gaining an in-depth knowledge of their clients and markets.
You will also act as a key liaison between the regional team and the specialist and group/sector Marketing team, and take a proactive approach in ensuring all new client opportunities are being pursued.
On an ad hoc basis, you will be required to travel to the firm’s other offices nationally, work outside traditional business hours as required (i.e. for early breakfast or evening events), and if required, work extra hours at short notice; this is essential due to the nature of the role.
Your key duties will be:
- supporting the development and delivery of the regional marketing plan
- championing the expansion of existing client accounts and work with legal teams across the Midlands region to help drive organic growth
- partnering with the RDBP on the key account management programme for top-tier and growth opportunity clients
- assisting in the delivery of the client feedback programme, feeding back key feedback themes and supporting the legal teams in actioning client feedback where necessary
- supporting partners with bid activity, ensuring they work to agreed timelines
- working closely with other team members to facilitate prospect targeting; playing a key role in supporting qualification of segments, preparing target plans and supporting sales activity
- assisting with the identification and management of the opportunity pipeline within your region
- supporting account-based marketing activities for significant opportunities in your region
- supporting the regional sponsorship, event & hospitality plan, and tracking investments and ROI
- supporting sales enablement across the legal teams through learning & development plans and market profile building
- maintaining our data quality & integrity, through robust CRM process, contact creation & results tracking
- acting as a point of contact between key stakeholders and the specialist Marketing team; ensuring needs are met
- researching clients, targets, markets and competitors to support growth-related activities
- supporting our group / sector marketing campaigns by translating into your region
- engaging effectively with key stakeholders in the business and the Marketing team as a whole
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within law firm; experience in a professional services is essential
- experience in managing stakeholders
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues, stakeholders and third parties
- an ability to influence others at different levels
- demonstrable knowledge of the Coventry & Warwick market is desirable
- a degree-level (or equivalent) education and a CIM qualification is desirable
- experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent CRM is desirable
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to react to change, prioritise accordingly and maintain strong organisational skills
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- a willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not identified in this role specification, and assuming responsibilities as the firm’s needs change
- to be a collaborative team player and want to make a difference
- the ability to provide practical and pragmatic solutions with speed and efficiency
About you – you will be:
- a high-performer
- driven and proactive
- willing to go the extra mile
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.