IT Case Developer
Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 50 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
Our Volume & Consumer group offer services to consumers under the Lime Solicitors brand, and to high volume business clients under the Corclaim brand.
The Corclaim brand is dedicated to servicing clients with large scale and repeated legal needs. We currently deliver the following practice areas via Corclaim: debt recovery, asset finance, cost drafting and uninsured loss recovery. Corclaim creates market differentiation through its processes, infrastructure and technology. This allows us to deal with the vast quantities of legal work our clients need to provide services to their customers at scale.
The Lime Solicitors brand is committed to fighting for the rights of those who have been let down. Our current practice areas include personal injury, medical negligence, inheritance disputes and professional negligence. Lime Solicitors have received significant praise for their work in reviews from legal listings, industry associations and clients, including achieving Feefo’s Gold Trusted Service award for the last 2 years. Often featured in both the national and legal press we campaign for our clients and seek to raise awareness to ensure that, where possible, lessons are learnt and future harm avoided.
We are proud of the varied background and expertise of the teams across all three of our brands. We firmly believe in working hard and being ambitious. We look to recruit and develop talented people to achieve their potential - and who will contribute to achieving ours too.
We are looking for an IT Case Developer to play a crucial role supporting our Volume & Consumer group in the implementation of our new CMS & PMS systems. The role requires the IT Case Developer to also assist with business as usual requests on existing case management systems until the transition to our new systems is completed.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a solid logic thought process, ideally with a history of working in a law firm developing case management solutions. The ideal candidate will also have strong knowledge of business process implementation within case management solutions.
You will be required to undertake the full development life-cycle, from creating and amending case workflows to suit requirements of the stakeholders to producing all required artefacts to support requested work.
You will also have the opportunity for additional training on C# and T-SQL, as required, to enable the transition onto the new platforms being implemented across the firm.
Your key duties will include:
- working with the Volume & Consumer group to map their business requirements and processes to make the most of our new case management solution
- remaining delivery focused and commercial aware to ensure delivery adheres to plan and estimates are met
- working through the entire implementation lifecycle; from initial requirements, workshops, through configurations and on to training
- configuring ‘work types’ through the case management system
- maintaining, supporting and developing our new case management solution system, as part of a firm-wide project, which is currently delivered through the Eclipse (Proclaim), iCor and Axxia PMS –designing, creating, testing and problem solving of workflows, data entry and retrieval screens
- coding new and existing template letters for automatic document assembly
- working on project and time management; meeting deadlines for application production, including the supervision of other case developers
- responding to and resolving case management problems and maintaining a log of any such case management problems
- becoming part of the Volume & Consumer team; building and testing defined workflows as part of a team or on your own
- providing technical support for case management to support staff, fee earners, heads of department and partners, answering their queries both over the phone and face-to-face
- continually liaising with and updating other I.T. team members regarding any developments or problems
- following standard operating procedures to produce consistent measurable results
- documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards
- implementing change and release management processes as part of the software development lifecycle
- being proactive in identifying and resolving potential issues before they become incidents
- ensuring the successful adoption of the case management system and practice management system through training and mentoring
- undertaking projects and any other tasks as directed by the line manager
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 2 years’ previous demonstrable experience in a similar role, ideally gained in a legal environment
- solid experience of coding, with a proven track record in development
- an understanding of conditional logic structures
- a full understanding of release management and experience working in a controlled project environment
- previous experience of best practices
- knowledge of legal solutions and practices is desirable
- analysis skills as to understand client’s development requirements
- excellent communication skills with end users and business stakeholders
Technical knowledge you will have:
- a working knowledge of legal procedures and systems
- familiarity of using Microsoft Visio
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to identify strengths, weaknesses and exposure to business processes
- the ability to anticipate problems, identify risk, evaluate impact and produce appropriate solutions, or escalate as necessary
- determination and resilience with an ability to produce high quality outcomes in a fast paced working environment
- the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of change control procedures
- to be enthusiastic and adaptable in your approach to development and technology
- the ability to react to change, prioritise accordingly and maintain strong organisational skills with minimal supervision
- to undertake a logical and rational approach to problem solving
- to be able to work as part of a team in a development environment
- the drive and enthusiasm to be part of a bigger team working together to achieve team goals
- flexibility to travel to other site locations
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.