Finance Systems Analyst
Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 55 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The groups includes our Finance & Risk, Buildings & Infrastructure, Marketing & People, C-Suite teams.
Our Finance team is made up of over 40 people who work from a variety of our office locations. The work is split into four core areas; Financial Accounting, Financial Operations, Business Partnering and Partner Services.
The team work closely with our other business operations teams to provide a first class service. They are responsible for the sound financial management of the firm, including cash flow, budgeting, internal and external reporting and audit. They have responsibilities for the safe-keeping and operating of our clients’ funds held on account and also deal with payroll, credit control ‘Work In Progress’, partner finances and tax returns. The team also provide bespoke finance business partnering support to all other areas of the business.
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield, - this role is connected to our Birmingham location.
- Initially this role will involve working predominantly from home with occasional travel to our Birmingham office for work which cannot be done from home
- Going forward we expect this role to offer a blend of office and home working, with occasional travel to our other offices as required
Are you motivated?
Are you passionate about helping us shape our future?
Do you like a challenge?
Are you technically driven?
Can you see projects through to the end?
Do you know the Aderant software?
Would you like to join a finance team in a dynamic and expanding law firm?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you…
We are looking for a Finance Systems Analyst to assist with the delivery of a sophisticated finance system that will improve the service we provide to our stakeholders. This is a 12mth fixed term contract with a possibility of extension.
Your key duties will be:
- working with the finance system team on the design and configuration of the Aderant finance system
- supporting the UAT and go live assistance of the Aderant solution, working with key stakeholders to test, improve and ultimately deliver the final solution within the next 12 months
- reporting issues and working alongside the finance system team and Aderant to provide solutions
- completing data conversions, modifications and customisations for the system implementation
Skills and experience you will have:
- demonstrable knowledge of accounting systems gained within the legal sector
- recent experience in the implementation of Aderant or Elite 3E
- a proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under strict deadlines, including experience in prioritising competing workloads and managing expectations
Key competencies you will need:
- a high degree of drive, self-motivation and enthusiasm, including a willingness to work flexible hours as the role demands
- strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- an ability to work within, and contribute to structured frameworks controlling change
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- excellent written, verbal communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to share knowledge appropriately and to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- a commitment to delivering excellent levels of service to internal and external clients at all times
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.