Facilities, Health & Safety Supervisor
Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 50 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The Groups include; Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and the Executive Leadership team.
Our Operations team is at the core of our business. It is made up of 3 sub teams – Facilities, Client Services and Reception totalling around 60 people based across all our office locations.
The teams provide an excellent and proactive support service to our internal and external clients. From ensuring that all visitors to the firm receive a warm welcome to providing a well maintained and safe working environment and ensuring the smooth running of our facilities, they put hospitality and service at the heart of everything they do.
We are looking for a Facilities & Health & Safety Supervisor to join our Operations team based in our Birmingham office, part for the firm’s Business Operations group.
You will facilitate the provision of services to clients and staff by assisting the Regional Facilities, Health & Safety Manager to ensure the smooth running of facilities at their base office providing a well maintained, safe and secure working environment.
Key duties include:
- monitoring maintenance and upkeep of premises, liaising with contractors and engineers where necessary
- overseeing the monitoring of office supplies (stationery and non-stationery, including but not limited to cleaning materials and catering supplies)
- space-planning where necessary and assisting with internal moves; regular update of floor plans
- the daily liaison with facilities team leader to ensure the smooth running of:
- storage of files, wills and deeds within the relevant office
- post and DX operations
- post opening and ensuring post is distributed on time
- ensuring our ISO27701 & ISO9001 compliance is adhered and documents associated are updated and maintained
- oversee holiday requests - following the key blocking group restrictions to ensure adequate cover at all times whilst liaising with the facilities team leader
- assisting with implementing the health and safety policy, including but not limited to:
- accident and near miss reporting
- first aid
- fire safety and evacuation
- induction for new starters
- manual handling
- risk assessments – generic, DSE and new and expectant mothers
- acting as on site Fire Controller in the event of an evacuation
- dealing with health and safety issues as they arise to ensure a safe working environment
- supporting the facilities team leader to ensure an excellent service is provided by the facilities team
- monitoring general housekeeping, ensuring the premises are tidy and walkways are clear and free of any trip hazards; ensuring fire exits are clear at all times
- assisting with any of the above duties across all sites as required ensuring the smooth operation of facilities and health and safety across the firm
- oversee the document production service within the firm
- managing the health and safety portal
- working in accordance with the firm’s quality and compliance procedures
- assisting with any other duties, using initiative when necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the office
- assisting with the integration of new members of staff
- undertaking projects and any other tasks as directed by the line manager
Working hours are on a flexible shift basis covering 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday, working 37 hours in total per week.
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role; ideally gained in a professional or legal services environment
- a NEBOSH qualification is essential
- prior experience supervising the maintenance of a building is desirable
Key competencies you will need:
- a professional presentation, excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- a willingness to learn and a passion to provide a great service every time
- a high degree of drive, self-motivation and energy
- a “can-do” personality with the able to make things happen
- to be committed to delivering excellent levels of service to internal and external clients at all times
- to be able to react to change and prioritise accordingly
- the willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not identified in this role specification, and assuming responsibilities as the firm’s needs change
- to be a task completer with a strong focus on getting things done
- to be a team player and want to make a difference, good leadership skills
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.