Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 50 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The Groups include; Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and the Executive Leadership team.
Our Operations team is at the core of our business. It is made up of 3 sub teams – Facilities, Client Services and Reception totalling around 60 people based across all our office locations.
The teams provide an excellent and proactive support service to our internal and external clients. From ensuring that all visitors to the firm receive a warm welcome to providing a well maintained and safe working environment and ensuring the smooth running of our facilities, they put hospitality and service at the heart of everything they do.
We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to join our Operations team, based in our Nottingham office.
The role is to provide a first class facilities service to the staff and partners of the firm and also to provide cover for meeting room service when required.
Your key duties include:
- processing incoming and outgoing mail
- collecting and distributing internal correspondence throughout the business
- maintaining stationery levels
- providing photocopying support for our legal teams
- assisting with the preparation and layout of rooms
- assisting in the archiving and retrieval process
- carrying out other duties that fall under the facilities remit
Working hours are on a flexible shift basis covering between 8:00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday working 37 hours in total per week.
The successful candidate will have:
- a minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar role, experience within a legal or professional services background is preferred however, not essential
- a professional presentation, excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- a willingness to learn and a passion to provide a great service every time
- the ability to prioritise workload in a frequently changing environment
About you – you will be:
- self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- tidy, well organised and motivated
- able to self-manage and take ownership of problems
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.