Early Ambitions Development Adviser
Are you passionate about People? Are you looking to join an award-winning People team? If you love to help people reach their career goals and have previous experience in a similar role, we have the opportunity for you!
We can offer you:
- A great mix of work including implementing talent strategies to develop career pathways for incoming and existing employees (early to mid-career)
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work and the freedom to manage when and how you do it
- The support and encouragement of a great team behind you and friendly colleagues who all want to help you thrive
- A competitive remuneration package with great benefits
As the Ampa group diversifies its portfolio of businesses, so too do the variety of routes to entry and qualification across a spectrum of professions. The Early Ambitions Advisor plays a crucial role in developing talent (early and mid-career) and ensuring talent pipelines produce a flow of qualified, competent, and skilled colleagues across all business units.
The Early Ambitions Advisor will focus on developing our entry level talent to 4 years PQE, devising career pathways and guidelines which provide support on the ‘what’ and ‘how’ associated with developing the capability, competence, knowledge, experience, and skills necessary at each stage of a career / role focused plan. The Early Ambitions Advisor will play a key role coaching colleagues to manage their career performance and development plans driving performance within our high-performance environment.
Key Duties will include:
- Reviewing existing early ambitions workstack and prioritising core accountabilities which sit within the scope of the role
- Delivery of the core (essential) work, which fits within the scope of the Early Ambitions Advisor role
- Working with external agencies/suppliers to outsource work
- Collaborating with Head of Talent & Culture, L&D Manager, and other internal functions e.g., Recruitment Team to develop an organisation wide Talent & Mobility strategy, which includes development journeys for new entrants and existing employees.
- Promoting a variety of routes to employment and qualification e.g., training contracts, apprenticeships, internships, Graduate schemes, CILEX, PGDL and other vocational / professional accreditations.
- Communicating via a range of channels to potential, new and existing employees how the AMPA group supports career development and mobility across the group
What you will bring to the role:
- Knowledge of the entry routes and early careers career pathways for professional services
- Experience of managing routes to qualification for solicitors and other allied professions e.g., Accountancy, HR, IT is ideal
- Ability to author strategy and policy documents, which in turn can be translated into coherent and easily understood frameworks
- Experience of working in a coaching way to help others gain clarity on career goals and develop success plans
- Able to consult with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand organisation wide talent needs
- Proven ability in planning, organising, project management and delivery; able to prioritise multiple work-streams and meet key deadlines.
- Analytical and agile – able to assimilate information quickly and decide on right course of action
Our Marketing & People Team comprises People Business Partnering, Development, Talent & Culture and People Operations functions all focussed on building a high-performance and people centric culture with strong engagement and a reputation for developing talent and enabling success at all levels.
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be hybrid, with travel as required into Birmingham or one of our other West Midlands hubs. Please note, you must be willing to travel to Birmingham at least x1 a month for team meetings.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.