Business Development Business Partner
Do you have experience working in a Business Development or Senior Executive role, within a legal team? Are you a strong, creative influencer? This opportunity gives you the scope to shape the role, and bring fresh new ideas to the firm!
We can offer you:
- Support and coaching to ensure you thrive in this role, and guidence to drive progression to grow and shape your career
- A competitive package with great benefits
- A great mix of work within a supportive and collaborative team
How we work:
Our close-knit Marketing team is broadly split into three areas: communications, specialisms and business partners. Our purpose is to help the Ampa group fulfil its growth ambitions.
Sitting within the business partnering team and working closely with our fee earners we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Business Partner (BDBP) to help accelerate growth across our services and sectors.
The Business Development Business Partner will primarily work with our Wealth and Social Housing practice areas and may be asked to support BD activity for some of our local offices too.
You will work closely with senior leaders of the wealth team and social housing teams to develop growth strategies and put BD plans in action, ensuring that BD is and continues to remain a priority for our fee earners through coaching, mentoring and demonstrating its value.
Building relationships with key stakeholders to gain trust and respect will be key whilst remaining focussed on output and being able to identify where investment of your time will generate the best results.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a business development manager or senior executive within a legal team
- Comfortability in collaborating with and influencing senior leaders
- The ability to coach and mentor to adopt a coaching style of working with individuals
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships at all levels
- An ability to cope with a demanding workload and manage constantly changing priorities and deadlines
Key Duties will include:
- Driving business development initiatives forward using CRM
- Acting to conduit between the fee earning teams and offices and marketing specialisms team
- Encouraging, challenging and coaching partners and other fee earners with their own business development goals
- Working with the business and leading key account planning
- Identifying targeting initiatives and developing go-to-market strategies alongside marketing colleagues
- Leading relevant business development meetings
- Coaching individual lawyers seeking support on a 1:2:1 basis
- Researching partnership/sponsorship opportunities and working with the wider team to create event and activation plans
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be predominantly home based with travel as required into one of our office hubs on an ad-hoc basis.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.