Do you thrive in a fast-paced, varied role? Do you have previous bid / tender process experience? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We can offer you:
- A great mix of work across a range of projects at an exciting time of transformation, innovation and growth in our business.
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work and the freedom to manage when and how you do it
- The support and encouragement of a great team behind you and friendly colleagues who all want to help you thrive
- A competitive remuneration package with great benefits
You will be part of the supportive and highly respected bids team responsible for supporting bids and proposals for all brands within Ampa. You will work closely with the bids managers playing a vital role throughout the full bids lifecycle – from initial opportunity through to drafting, submission, post submission, feedback and reporting.
While a large proportion of the bids you will work on are for legal services, you will also support on bids for Ampa’s planning consultancy, cyber security consultancy and debt recovery businesses. This unique opportunity offers a role with variety, and the opportunity to build up experience across a number of professional services sectors.
The role will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of Ampa’s brands and their core services, focus areas, offering and differentiators.
- Working closely with the bid managers to scope client requirements and complete the first draft responses for of SQQs, ITTs/RFPs using approved content and proposals software.
- Project managing and co-ordinating responses for standard SQQs and certain ITT/RFP questions including obtaining input from subject matter experts.
- Drafting, reviewing and editing written copy.
- Managing informal proposals with minimal bid manager input.
- Supporting with presentation coaching (and any associated materials) and post submission negotiations.
- Play a key role in maintaining bid content database, with high quality winning content.
- Collating feedback from bids, identify themes and propose actions for content improvement.
Your skills and knowledge
- Experience of the tender/bid process within professional services. Legal sector knowledge/experience would be advantageous.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, including experience of managing multiple deadlines.
- Understanding of what makes a high quality bid submission and ability to ensure responses correctly and fully address given criteria.
- Experience of managing input from multiple teams / internal stakeholders.
- A team player with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Strong copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills, and a strong attention to detail.
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market-leading expertise to our clients. The groups include our Finance & Risk, Buildings & Infrastructure, Marketing & People, C-Suite teams.
Our multi-disciplined Marketing team offer a range of services including client and business development, digital, growth-led marketing, PR, content, communications and events for the firm. The team is aligned to the business, shaping, embedding and delivering against the strategy, helping to retain and attract new clients whilst putting the client at the heart of everything we do.
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon, Lincoln and Sheffield. This role will offer a blend of home and office working within any of our office hubs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.