Are you a Banking Solicitor looking for a career opportunity?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with great benefits including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a bonus day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to work with the Head of Banking
- A mixed banking role with a real estate angle, predominantly working with one of the large banks
- A great opportunity to join a growing Banking team, which offers a long term opportunity to build and drive a career towards partnership
- A culture of trust, empowerment and autonomy over your work
- Hybrid working with the option of working from any of our hub locations across the Midlands
Working with some of the UK’s largest financial institutions ensures our Banking and Finance team offers unrivalled expertise with high level knowledge of the issues affecting the sector and the businesses operating within it. The team advise on banking law for both lenders and borrowers, advising on a wide range of property finance, acquisition finance and corporate transactions with specialisms in the education and charity sectors. Our experience has developed through working with high street banks, challenger banks, peer to peer funders, invoice discounters and asset based lenders and corporate borrowers on a number of complex transactions.
We have opportunities for ambitious Solicitors to join our banking and finance team. These are career opportunities in a growing and dynamic business where we will support you to take full advantage of what is available to you whatever level you are currently at.
Your key duties will be:
- working alongside senior lawyers to provide assistance on all aspects of banking, including banking transactions and document production
- assisting on large complex deals with appropriate supervision, as well as building up your own caseload of straightforward matters
- completing property due diligence
- carrying out post-completion administration
- attending and being involved in business development and marketing events
- developing relationships with clients
Skills and experience you will have:
- ideally 2-6 years’ previous experience gained dealing in banking matters within a law firm, however we are open to experience outside this range at either more junior or more senior level
- a willingness and enthusiasm to get involved in business development activities, ideally to able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in this area
- experience in completing reports on title is ideal however, we are happy to teach and train someone who is open to learning that as a new skill
- excellent communication skills
- to be highly organised with flexibility during busy periods
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work. We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will a blend of working from home and travel to any one of our Midlands office hubs.
Want to know more about us?
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.