Shakespeare Martineau is a Top 50 law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. We work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
As enterprising and original thinkers, we’re driven to create exceptional experiences for our clients and our people. We handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential.
Our people have a blend of excellent technical and business skills with the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues. We think it could be time you joined us.
Our multi-disciplinary Real Estate group is highly regarded by our clients and within the sector. It comprises not only lawyers but also town and country planners. We’ve brought experts into our services in planning, development, investment, landlord and tenant matters, social housing, construction and litigation with a particular emphasis on energy, housing, education, finance and investment funds.
Our Commercial Property team are one of the fastest growing real estate practices, having more than doubled income and significantly strengthened the team over the last two and half years. With the support of Planning and Construction, we have one of the best integrated teams. We act for local and national developers, pension funds and venture capitalists as well as foreign investors on projects throughout the UK. Our experienced team has assisted in the development and sale of over 4m sq ft of town centre and out of town retail and leisure development as well as industrial and distribution hubs, offices and mixed use schemes.
We are looking for an experienced Associate to join our Stratford-based Real Estate group.
We are looking to expand our Commercial Property team, and are seeking an innovative and talented Associate to support these plans to grow.
The team in our Stratford office act for a large energy company dealing with operational and non-operational property transactions and, while experience in this industry would be of interest to us, it is not essential.
Your key duties will be:
- providing an instrumental part in the building and growing of the Commercial Property practice in the Stratford office, which includes freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, secured lending, and landlord and tenant matters
- working as part of a wider team that has a depth and breadth of experience and expertise across most industry sectors and in every area of Commercial Property law
- having the ability to seek out and develop marketing opportunities
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 5 years’ PQE specialising in Commercial Property
- strong IT skills
- excellent technical knowledge of Real Estate law
- experience in managing or supervising others is preferable, though not essential
Key competencies you will need:
- enthusiasm and flair for business development including developing existing clients
- motivation to take up a challenge at an exciting time
- an interest in the energy sector
- honesty and integrity
- the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike
- the ability to develop the knowledge and expertise of the team, as well as yourself
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.