Administrator – Real Estate Finance
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Want to find more about our amazing benefits?
Our multi-disciplinary Real Estate Finance team has extensive experience in advising banks, building societies and other funders including property investors and developers. We are one of the largest teams in the West Midlands with a team of around 30 people experienced in Islamic finance issues alone. We advise our clients on a variety of matters including development finance, facility letters, guarantees, investment finance, loan book management, LPA receivership, priority/subordination deeds, security documents and short-term lending.
You will work as part of a team to provide administrative support to help our legal teams deliver great service to our clients.
Your key duties will be:
- assisting partners and solicitors to produce high quality legal services to clients on a broad range of work
- archiving, storage and retrieval of documentation (electronic and paper versions)
- opening and closing electronic files
- scheduling deeds
- using case management system to close files
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and collating documentation
Skills and experience you will have:
- previous office administrative experience, ideally within a real estate / legal environment
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- a good basic keyboard ability
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- good communication skills with the confidence to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- the ability to produce a high standard of work, sometimes under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- to be able to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and confidence in your own ability
About you – you will be:
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- passionate about a career in law
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be hybrid working from home and from our Birmingham office hub.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.