Commercial & Banking/Financial Disputes
Contract & Corporate Disputes
Negligence Claims & Contentious Insolvency
Catherine is a highly regarded commercial litigator and brings unique technical and commercial experience to pursuing and resolving complex financial disputes.
Catherine advises on all aspects of commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She acts for a diverse range of clients in high value and complex cases, ranging from contractual disputes, fraud and investigations, financial and banking disputes, negligence claims and insolvency-related litigation.
Catherine advises corporations, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and high net worth individuals on matters involving fraud, company law breaches of directors’/trustees’ duties, complex recovery options and general financial / banking disputes.
Before joining Shakespeare Martineau, Catherine practised commercial litigation at Gateley, Crowell & Moring and CMS, where she undertook banking secondments with the RBS Group and Goldman Sachs.
Prior to qualifying as a barrister and a solicitor, Catherine spent over a decade working as a banker, specialising in Leverage Finance, M&A and Restructurings. This cross-industry expertise places Catherine in an unique position to add value when advising clients on complex litigation, involving intricate financial instruments, financial fraud and multi-layered corporate structures.
Recent work highlights:
• Acting for a Liquidator in a multi-jurisdictional investment fraud against multiple defendants in the High Court;
• Acting for Joint Administrators in a banking fraud case, involving complex trust structures and extensive forensic investigations in the claim against a global bank;
• Advising Joint Liquidators in a complex tax and VAT fraud, incorporating a Quincecare duty claim against a bank;
• Acting for an international corporate client in defending multiple claims against the company directors and shareholders;
• Acting for Joint Administrators in a high profile Proprietary and Freezing Injunction and a subsequent professional negligence claim;
• Advising a private equity firm in a contractual dispute and a claim in negligence against an International Maintenance Company and achieving a successful claim settlement.
Other People in Litigation and Restructuring
Partner & Head of Restructuring
Partner & Head of Litigation